The Best General Felony Lawyers With Richards & Richards
At Richards & Richards Law Firm, we understand that facing felony or misdemeanor charges can be a daunting and overwhelming experience. Our dedicated team of attorneys in Ogden, UT, is committed to providing robust legal representation and personalized guidance for individuals confronting felony and misdemeanor allegations in Northern Utah. With over 35 years of legal experience, we possess the knowledge and expertise necessary to navigate the complexities of criminal cases. Your rights and future are of utmost importance to us, and we are determined to fight tirelessly on your behalf. If you or a loved one are in need of reliable general felony legal service support, don’t hesitate to take action. Contact us today for a confidential consultation and let our skilled attorneys craft a strong defense tailored to your unique circumstances.
Utah Misdemeanor Cases
A misdemeanor is considered a less serious offense compared to a felony, with potential penalties involving up to one year in county jail and/or fines amounting to $4,750 or less. In the State of Utah, misdemeanor charges are categorized into three levels:
- Class C – Class C misdemeanors encompass offenses like driving with a suspended license, disorderly conduct, and public intoxication. Convictions may lead to up to 90 days in jail, fines up to $1,000, enrollment in education or treatment programs, and court or supervised probation.
- Class B – Class B misdemeanors involve crimes such as 1st-time possession of weed, reckless driving, DUI, theft up to $500, and carrying a concealed weapon. Offenders could face up to six months in county jail, fines up to $1,940, participation in educational or treatment classes, and court or supervised probation.
- Class A – Class A misdemeanors include charges like possessing between one ounce to one pound of marijuana, assault charges against a police officer, theft between $500 and $1,500, and DUI with injury. Convictions may result in up to one year in county jail, fines up to $4,750, enrollment in educational or treatment programs, and court or supervised probation.
Utah Felony Cases
A felony is a significantly more serious offense compared to a misdemeanor and carries severe penalties, including imprisonment in a Utah State Prison and substantial fines. It is especially important to have the support of an experienced and effective criminal defense lawyer in such cases. Utah categorizes felony charges into four levels:
- Third-degree – Third-degree felonies encompass offenses such as a third DUI offense within ten years, theft or check forgery between $1,000 to $5,000, possession of controlled substances like cocaine, felony vandalism up to $5,000, and non-residential burglary. Convictions may result in a prison term of one to five years and fines of up to $5,000.
- Second-degree – Second-degree felonies involve crimes like theft or check forgery exceeding $5,000, auto theft, residential burglary, robbery, kidnapping, and certain forms of abuse or manslaughter. Offenders could face a prison sentence of one to 15 years and fines up to $10,000.
- First-degree – First-degree felonies include aggravated burglary, robbery, or arson, possession of controlled substances with intent to distribute near a school, child kidnapping, rape, and murder. Penalties may range from a minimum of five years to life imprisonment, with fines up to $10,000.
- Capital Offense – Capital offenses, exemplified by aggravated murder, are subject to life imprisonment, life imprisonment without parole, consecutive or concurrent life sentences, or the death penalty (capital punishment).
Contact Richards & Richards
At Richards & Richards, we take pride in providing reliable and effective general felony and misdemeanor legal services in Ogden, UT. With over 35 years of legal expertise, our dedicated team of attorneys is committed to offering personalized guidance and strong representation for individuals facing criminal charges in Northern Utah. We understand the weight these allegations carry and the impact they can have on your life. Your rights and future are of paramount importance to us, and we will work tirelessly to build a robust defense tailored to your unique situation. Don’t face these challenging circumstances alone – take the important step of safeguarding your rights and securing your future by contacting us today for a confidential consultation. Our skilled attorneys are ready to stand by your side, ensuring the best possible outcome for your case.
Take Note of Our Other Practice Areas
Beyond immigration law, Richards & Richards Law Firm, PLLC specializes in a host of legal matters. Over the years, we’ve worked with clients going through a divorce, fighting criminal charges, and planning for their small businesses. We’re a full-service law firm that can take on a slew of legal challenges. Choose us for all the following practice areas: